General orthopaedics with a focus on hip and knee joint replacement, working on Dr. Mittal's team.
Education And Training:
- Undergraduate: The University of Oklahoma, 2017
- Master’s in Health Science-Physician Assistant: The University of Oklahoma-Health Sciences Center, 2020
Professional Society Memberships:
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- American Academy of Physician Assistant (AAPA)
- Oklahoma Academy of Physician Assistants (OAPA)
Maissa Mitwalli is a native Oklahoman born and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She attended The University of Oklahoma in Norman where she achieved a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology.
Since she played soccer competitively throughout her childhood and into her adolescent years—Maissa was able to see firsthand through her own experiences with sport injuries the impact medical professionals have on athletes. This further propelled her interest in the orthopaedic world which led her to the Physician Assistant program at The University of Oklahoma. Maissa always knew she wanted to return to Tulsa to serve others in her community. She chose The Orthopaedic Center for their drive to give patients the best medical care experience possible. She is thrilled to be working alongside Dr. Mittal and the cutting edge technology available at TOC.
Maissa enjoys spending time with her family and friends, traveling, and picking up indoor soccer games in her free time.