Dr. Chalkin’s Patient Testimonials
"Very friendly and informative. My 5 year old loved him, felt very comfortable and was never scared. Office staff was very nice. HE IS WORTH THE WAIT."
"Dr. Chalkin is excellent. We will recommend him to anyone who wants exceptional results."
Board Certified, Fellowship Trained Hand and Upper Extremity Surgeon and Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Subspecialty / Interests
- Surgery of the Hand, Wrist, Elbow, and Shoulder
- Complex Shoulder and Elbow Arthoplasty and Traumatic Reconstruction
- Tendon & Nerve Repair, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Degenerative/Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Wrist Fractures
- General Orthopaedic Surgery
Education And Training
Dr. Chalkin graduated from Rutgers College/Rutgers University and from New York College of Osteopathic Medicine with honors. Following his orthopaedic surgery residency at Oklahoma State University he completed the coveted Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship at the Curtis National Hand Center in Baltimore. Dr. Chalkin lectures nationally and teaches Oklahoma State University Orthopaedic Surgery residents new cutting-edge techniques in hand, elbow, and shoulder surgery. He is credited with the development of new orthopaedic implants used internationally.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (AAOS)
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AOAO)
- American Osteopathic Academy (AOA)
- Oklahoma Osteopathic Association (OOA)
- Tulsa County Medical Society
- Tulsa Orthopaedic Society
Dr. Chalkin resides with his family in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He enjoys fitness activities, is an avid snow skier, and takes pleasure in spending time with his family and friends.