LaDena Ballard, P.A.-C. Physician Assistant
- Posted on: Aug 14 2014
- General Orthopaedics with a focus on hand and upper extremity, working on Dr. Chalkin’s team
Education and Training
- Associate Degree: in Nursing, 1996
- Family Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, Certified: University of California, Davis, 2004
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Oklahoma Academy of Physician Assistants
- American Association of Surgical Physician Assistants
Ladena Ballard grew up moving around the United States with her family whose father was in the Army. She attended four different high schools before she chose to plant her roots in California where she achieved her Associates Degree in Nursing, 1996. Continuing her education, she attained dual certifications as a Family Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant at the University of California, Davis, 2004. Mrs. Ballard worked in Emergency and Urgent Care Facilities for 15 years in Modesto, CA. During this time she developed an extensive background in Internal Medicine.
In 2005 Mrs. Ballard moved to Oklahoma. Her extensive training has given her the experience and knowledge of advanced orthopaedic practices and procedures. She is currently working as Dr. Brian Chalkin’s Physician Assistant and together they offer state-of-the-art treatment to patients with hand and upper extremity injuries. She chose The Orthopaedic Center because of the simple mission statement, cutting edge technology and most importantly the drive to be patient oriented.
Mrs. Ballard enjoys camping, river fishing for trout, traveling and she has hidden talents in pottery and graphic design.